Friday, February 29, 2008

A Very Brief Interview with Sophia of the Bacchae


This interview was conducted right after we picked up Sophia from her new school. Her pony tails were sideways, her grey and white uniform was a mess, and she was trying to draw pictures while we pestered her with questions. Known to all her family members and teachers as a kid who VERY much likes to talk, we though it worth recording this rare moment of near-speechlessness from our garrulous daughter.


So, Sophia, how do you like Bucharest?


Good. Because I really like my school…. because we do lots of stuff.

What kinds of things do you see when you walk around in Romania?

Stores on the sidewalks that sell little toys and stuff. And I see lots and lots of lots of houses. And lots of dogs and cats. I like to go on walks to the playground.

What do you miss about Meadville?

Our house and Daphne, Red and Delilah.

What do you like about our new apartment?

My room has a bed, drawers, and cupboards, and even Alexander. And there are animal pictures all over the walls.

What about the elevator?

I like it because I get to press the buttons.

What are your teachers’ names?

I forget. Oh, Miss Stefanie.

And Miss….the other teacher, the one with that long, long, long hair.

And what are the names of the other kids in your class?

I forget. I have friends but I don’t remember their names right now.

What Romanian words do you know?

Bunã=hello
Mulţumesc =thank you

What do you have to say to your family back in the United States.

“I love you.”

No more. Don’t write any more. I don’t want to do any more questions.


“Oh, and I want them to come to Romania.”


No more questions, Dad.

No comments: